If you are looking for a cake recipe that is light, not too sweet and is the perfect dessert, then look no further. This Lemon Almond Cake is light, fluffy and has just the right hint of lemon.
¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 ½ cups cake flour
3 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp baking powder
200g almond flour
3 tbsp lemon zest
1 cup lemon juice, fresh
¼ cup icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Butter and flour a rectangular pan (around 8”x 12”). Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar into a bowl. Combine using a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix until smooth and pale, about 10 minutes.
- Add eggs one by one and mix for 1 minute after each addition.
- Add the lemon zest, cake flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and almond flour, mix on a lower speed so you do not over mix. Then add in lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F/180°C for 45-50 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Let cake rest in the pan for 15 minutes then run a thin spatula around the sides and place upside down on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature and garnish with icing sugar.
Want to elevate your dessert? Using Cuisipro Ice Cream Scoop & Stack, cut out individual portions for your guests and serve using Raspberry Coulis & a dollop of ice cream.
1 ¼ cup raspberry, fresh
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 lemon, juice
- Puree the raspberry with sugar and lemon juice in a blender or food processor.
- Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids.
Keep refrigerated in a covered container.