Pink Velvet Raspberry Cupcakes
These taste as good as they sound. The velvet buttercream is the perfect accent to this fluffy airy cupcake. The fresh raspberries add a pleasant tartness to this subtle sweet dessert. This will be a recipe you try time and time again.
Yield: 16 servings
For the Cupcakes:
215 g all-purpose flour
200 g granulated sugar
1¼ ml (¼ tsp) baking soda
7½ ml (½ tbsp) baking powder
Pinch sea salt
170 g unsalted butter, melted
3 egg whites room temperature
5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
2 drops red food colouring
120 ml sour cream, room temperature
120 ml 3.25% milk, warm
For Velvet Raspberry Buttercream:
125 g raspberries
45 ml lemon juice
454 g confectioner's sugar
227 g unsalted butter, room temperature
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Place cupcake papers in Cuisipro Cupcake Pan
- Sift the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and powder into a large bowl, and whisk together.
- Separate the eggs. Reserve the egg yolks for other use.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Distribute the batter evenly into cupcake papers, filling each paper cup with about ⅔ the way up.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until the center is springy to the touch.
For the Velvet Raspberry Buttercream:
- Add raspberries and lemon juice to a small saucepan over medium heat. After the mixture heats up for a few minutes, mash the raspberries and then allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes. Strain the mixture into a bowl, cover, and let chill.
- Cream the room temperature butter for a few minutes. Beat in the confectioner’s sugar and add a tablespoon at a time of the raspberry reduction until the desired color and consistency are reached.
- Transfer to a piping bag. Pipe a large dollop of buttercream on each cupcake. Enjoy!